2014年7月8日火曜日

Snow White


Mirror,mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of us all?



I read Snow White, and I summarized this books on my own.
One winter’s day, a young Queen said “I wish I had a child with skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood and hair as black as ebony wood.” Her wish came true. The king was delighted and named child Snow White, but unfortunately young Queen died. “My child needs a mother.” The king thought. Within a year, he had married again.
His new wife was proud and vain. Every day, she gazed into her magic mirror and asked the same question in the morning and night. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of us all?” because she wanted was to be the most beautiful in the world. The mirror replied “You are”
One day, the queen asked same question. The mirror said “Actually, it is Snow White” She angry and decided to kill Snow White. The Queen called huntsman and forced to kill her and bring her back snow white’s lungs and liver. The huntsman was horrified but he had to obey.
Snow White and huntsman went into the forest. He didn’t say a ward. Under a giant oak tree, he tried to kill her, but her dark eyes filled with tears, so he stop killing and he decided wild pig’s lungs and liver to the queen. He said to her “Run, then!”
Snow White ran for a long long time, and she saw a cottage. “May be someone here can help me” She thought. In this cottage, seven dwarfs lived. When she told them about the queen, they were disgust. “Stay here”
In her palace bedroom, the Queen questions to magic mirror. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of us all?” “Snow White” mirror said. “Why!?”
“ She is living in a cottage” She was so angry. At last, she disguised herself as an old peddler, and she bring magic apple to the cottage. The Queen gave Snow White the magic apple. She ate magic apple. She is dead. Seven dwarfs laid her in a glass coffin and wrote The Princess Snow White upon it.A year later, A prince ride by and he saw snow white. He fell in love. He asked the dwarf that I want to build a splendid tomb for her, so please let me take her to my palace. The dwarfs argued with the prince all day, but by sunset, they agreed.
As servants lifted the coffin, one tripped. The coffin slipped and the apple flew from Snow White’s mouth. To their astonishment, she opened her eyes. The prince was overjoyed, and he flung open the coffin. “I am a prince who wants to marry you.” 
  
I have known this story since I was young, so I could read easily. The prince fell in love  When he saw Snow White only one time! Moreover he has never talked her, because she has died then. 
I thought that oh no! After all people set a high value on nice looks. 
I felt sad, because I could not read to use clear mind just like childfood's me.


Ebony    コクタン
Delight   大いに喜ばせる
Misery    みじめさ
Within   ~の以内で の範囲内で
Vain    うぬぼれの強い
Rage     怒り
Scowl    顔をしかめる
Snarl    唸る 唸るような声で言う
Lung     肺
Horrify    怖がらせる

Pity      憐れみ




523 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿